Tuesday 23 April 2013

Princesses and Ukuleles

Today so I've played a bit of ukulele, thanks to my amazing friend who lent me hers for the week, dressed up as a "princess" and watched about half of Cinderella, with a bit of Caillou thrown in for good measure with my little sisters.  Jane and Maggie asked me to be a princess with them.  I was Cinderella since I conveniently had a blue dress sitting in my wardrobe.  They were Belle and Snow White.  They're some of my favourite people to hang out with.  We put on Cinderella because when you're a princess, you've got to watch princess movies, right?  Unfortunately they got a little bored fairly early on and we never even got to see Cinderella go to the ball.  They opted for Caillou which they both love.  I've got to be honest I've never been a big Caillou fan but my hate for it has grown ever since a couple weeks back when the two of them discovered 'Caillou's Holliday Movie' which has been played in our house a countless number of times since their discovery of it, alongside all the regular Caillou shows which they watch frequently.  I can ryhme off his theme tune to you.  "I'm just a kid who's four, each day I grow some more.  I'm Caillou..." 
It's kind of sad really.  Caillou rant over.

Playing ukulele, is going great (only been playing a couple days though, of course) and I'm in love already, as expected.  I've been strumming away to Train's 'Hey Soul Sister' since Sunday.  So far, I know about 5 chords? I love just being able to teach myself chords as I need to know them, they're mostly all really simple.  MY ukulele is coming my way in less than two weeks! Whooo!  My Grandparents used to live in Hawaii and while they were there my Grandpa bought a ukulele and learned to play.  I can't wait to play mine for him someday!