Saturday 6 April 2013

Baking Away

Today I managed to get some baking done.  I made some chocolate wafers from my new cookie book by Alice Medrich.


I got it yesterday at T.J. Maxx for just £3!  Which is quite a bargain considering on the inside the price $29.95 is written. 


It's a large 384 page book full of cookie recipes.  Lots of them are a bit to intricate and time consuming for my liking but there are still tons of inventive cookie ideas and flavour combos.  It's got everything from biscotti to meringues to snickerdoodles. 

I would really like to try her low fat chocolate chip biscotti.

Anyway here is the first recipe I've tried from her book.  They taste a bit like the cookie part of oreos that as a kid you left till last, after you'd licked off the frosting.


I put some in my mum's little Marks and Spencer biscuit tin.  There's plenty of them still on cooling racks!

Optionally there is a white chocolate and mint spread in the book to go sandwiched between two of the cookies, which I TRIED and the white chocolate burnt in the microwave on me and turned black on top.

We're just going to pretend I intentionally left the cookies plain.