Wednesday 27 March 2013

Retro Glasses

Ok, I have a new interest.  Vintage glasses.  This is what happens when I have a lot off time of school.  The truth is I've been into retro glasses for a good while now but time of school means I can just sit on Etsy and look at pages of them. I especially like cat eye glasses, as worn here by Katy Perry.  Aren't they adorable on her?





Since I was born in the late 90s and was a culprit of watching Disney re-runs, when I think of cat eye glasses I always think of Ms. Muriel P. Finster the annoying grey haired lunch lady out of the hit cartoon Recess who was never shown with out her pair of classic cat eye specs.  As a kid I NEVER thought I'd share her taste in glasses.  


Now that I've spent a good while on etsy here is what I've found...


some simple yet fun and quirky legit 50s/60s plain black cat eye glasses with dainty little stars on the edge of each side of the rims.  Check them out here!


A fun pair of vintage clubmaster sun glasses (Because not everyone needs "real" glasses, or feels like faking it, me included)  Grab a pair here.


some more sunnies.  Cat eye Polaroid ones in cherry red.  Love the colour!  They are available again through Etsy, here.


Oh and check out these ones based on the Lolita glasses of the sixties.  Not the real deal I'm afraid yet just as quirky. Here is the link to them.  :)

Well, hope you enjoyed my retro finds.  Ta ta for now!