Friday 29 March 2013

Easter Dresses!

So yesterday I got the chance to go Easter shopping with my five year old sister because we were both Easter dress-less.

Jane (my sister) turned out to be a great shopping buddy.  She was quite excited to start  with about getting to roam around T. J. Maxx alone with her big sister, looking at dresses. 

We went first to all the dresses in her size and she looked at quite a few frilly ones that were deemed "too fancy" by her annoying big sister until she came to her dream dress.  I repeatedly asked her if she wanted to try any others on but she was determined she had found the one and refused to go for anything else. 

Next we headed to look for dresses in my size.  I asked Jane to tell me if she saw anything that she thought was cute.  Almost every dress was cute to Jane.  Me and Jane eventually narrowed it down to four dresses I liked and headed for the dressing rooms. 

Jane tried on her dress and it fit.  We were both happy.  I first tried on the little ivory dress I'd picked out.  When I asked Jane's opinion she told me not to try on anything else and said I should just buy it.  3 dresses later I agreed with her.

I kept trying to get Jane's opinion of what dress she liked second best out of the four dresses I had tried on.  When I asked her that question she said something along the lines of, "Madeline, if you didn't buy the white dress, I would buy it for you for Christmas." I gave in.

Jane loved the entire trip and when we left the store she smiled as she carried the bag with our dresses in it. 

I think we'll have plenty more shopping trips together in the future!