Tuesday 7 April 2015

Snail Mail



Who doesn't love an envelope bearing paw-some cat puns?


My DIY postcard


Dear.... YOU,

Let's write letters more and maybe send a postcard or two?

Sincerely yours,

Madeline :)

It's spring break, and with more free time, I've spent a little bit of time writing letters.  I even made a postcard!  (I was inspired by this lovely article by Prada for Breakfast)  It's easy to forget in a world full of emails, texts and snaps, the power of a handwritten message.

Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful for the wonderful world of technology, that's at my disposal when it comes to long distance communication but I love the feeling of opening a mail box, to a letter with my name on it, in familiar handwriting.

Snail mail says, I've been thinking of you.  Snail mail says, you're worth the effort of writing this thing, driving it to a post office and buying a stamp.  Snail mail says, I care.

So, as you can see I'm all for occasionally spreading love via snail mail.  I hope you are too. :)