Saturday 11 April 2015

DIY Letter-Writing Kit

I was recently inspired to put together a little box for, letter writing utensils, partially because my room is still recovering from a minor stationary splurge I had at Walmart.

So.... this morning I ventured into the garage and found a little biscuit tin, wiped it out and made a little letter-writing kit.  Since it's National Letter Writing Month, I thought I'd share it with you all.



I put all the mail I have yet to buy stamps for and send out at the bottom and all my other supplies (like those 5 million gel pens) on top.


Here is a little list of suggestions, for what materials might come in handy...

1. A biscuit tin/ cardboard box
2. Pens and all kinds of writing utensils
3. Washi tape
4. Glue
4. Stamps
5. Ink
6. Scissors
7. Envelopes
8. Room for outgoing mail
9. Creativiiiiiity

I wanted to add a few envelopes that were a little more interesting than, you're average business envelopes so, using Secret Pie Shop's envelope template.  I made envelopes out of magazine pages.


The letter-writing box was a success, I even got my little sisters to test it out.


They're the cutest.  

So they're you have it.  I look forward to using my biscuit tin, gone stationary haven.  A kit like this, could even be a fun gift for someone you want to write back and forth.  All you need to add is stamps.  Hope you enjoy!

-Madsyroo xx