Saturday 7 September 2013

Tumbler Cozies and stuff like that...

School arrived a little while ago, which means I've been pretty busy but I also had time to whip up some tumbler cosies/sleeves.  You want to know why I love making them?  They're easy!  That and you don't need a pattern!

I was actually searching for a mug cosy pattern, when I stumbled upon an adorable tumbler cosy pattern and realised that would be a lot easier (I'm lazy when it comes to crocheting stuff).


Unfortunately my computer stopped working during the day but I managed to make some anyway.  I just chained as much as I needed around a Starbucks tumbler laying around in our house and double crocheted around until it was the height I wanted.  Later I got more creative, tried other yarns and added bows and faces.


Ta da!  I'm now selling them to raise money for the missions trip my youth group is going on next summer.  We're going somewhere in Europe, but we're not sure which country yet.  I can't wait!  I think I'll freak out.  It'll be my first foreign trip with out parents and travelling is one of my favourite things.

Anyways, that's one thing I've been up to lately.  Today at one point or another I'll probably sit down with a cup of tea, and make a few more while I'm watching some cheesy TV show.  Bye!

 -Madsyroo xx